The rules are simple.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger award — These can be bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, and the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page.
Admittedly this is a “chain letter” type of award. It’s not exactly prestigious. All the same I was touched when Psyren from How the light gets in nominated me. It really means a lot to me. So in accordance with the first rule: Thank you, thank you very much Psyren. It’s my first writing award and I shall cherish it deeply.
On to the 15 bloggers I am nominating for this award.
1. Annachronistic (Anachronistic thoughts by Anna) – Anna aptly defines her work as “A jumbled, unsequenced mess of reflections, experiences and dreams.” For an example of her work I suggest you start with “You’ll make a great wife someday”
2.Broken Condoms (A Mommy Blog for Those Who Never Wanted to Author/Read a Mommy Blog) – oopsie23 started this when she thought, “as a newly-pregnant, terrified thirty-something, that the best way to document her journey through this body take-over would be to start a blog.” Her posts have passionately shared her experiences so far. As an example you may wish to read An Open Letter to Baby O: Four Months
3. Dear #$&!% Baby (I’M EXCITED FOR YOU, KID…BUT YOU’RE FREAKING ME OUT.) – AM humorously writes about how pregnancy and all things related to her growing child have a tendency to scare her. There are other goodies in her blog too. One of my favorite posts is You’re Officially a Person, because I know the feeling all to well.
4. Dropped Pebbles (A Safe Pond For Little Fish to Gather-A Writing Blog for Upcoming Authors) – Dyane Forde has written many amazing things and uses this blog to track her writing exploits. You may wish to check out her book The Purple Morrow, the first of a trilogy she is working on.
12. The Mercenary Researcher (Thinking, Researching, Story Telling) – Rutabaga is passionate about education and research, but she has other fun posts like this one. She was also the one who gave me the push I needed to start posting my writing and gave me my first reblog. I can never thank her enough.
13. To Breathe is to Write (My World of Words) – Jackie writes superbly, but she’s mostly just a dreamer. She is currently giving us a reason to celebrate everyday. Most importantly she allowed me to do my first guest post. For that I cannot give her enough praise. (She still owes me a guest post.)
14. Undeaddad (explorations of mindful fatherhood) – CJ Nigh reminds me so much of myself and my feeble attempts at fatherhood and life in general. We both mean well but it can be difficult, mostly we just try to remain undead.
15. I know it’s only 14 nominees, so technically I’m breaking the rules. All the same, I hope you enjoy discovering the folks listed here. There is some really great writing amongst them all.
I forgot to include 7 things about myself.
1. I love to run (Duh!)
2. I’m a total geek for pop culture trivia and mathematics (Again, Duh!)
3. I’ve done three marathons. Not too shabby.
4. I’m a happy father of two awesome pawns.
5. The reference above should be a dead give away that I like chess. (Triple Duh!)
6. I’m considering adding an occasional web comic to this blog. Does anybody have thoughts on this?
7. I drive a minivan and I am not ashamed of it.